Monday, July 26, 2010

6 Week Body Makeover

Let me lay out for you what I'm doing.  The Six Week Body Makeover is a weight loss/maintenance lifestyle.  For someone like me, who has battled my weight my entire life, weight loss cannot be about diets.  It doesn't work.  It is a complete mental and physical revamp and in my case (and I suspect most people's) it can't be half-assed.  I have completely and totally given myself over to this program.  In all honesty that is my constant battle...giving myself over completely.  Well, what is it, you ask?  Click the link to find out.

Basically, I'm doing what it takes for anyone to lose weight: portion control, balanced eating, and exercise.  I eat five to six meals a day.  My portions are 2-3 oz. protein and 1/2 cup of carbs for breakfast; 2-3 oz. of protein, 1/2 cup of carbs and 1 cup of veggies for lunch and dinner; and 2-3 oz. of protein and 1/2 cup fruit for a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack.  I eat every two-three hours to maintain my metabolism and control my appetite.

My exercise routine is at least 30 minutes of cardio, 5 days a week and 2 days of toning for upper body, lower body and abs.  I still struggle with the working out because of time and energy but I average 4 days a weeks for 45 minutes.

The toughest part of this program is PLANNING & PREPARATION.  I have gone from someone who cooked every now and then to someone who prepares all of my own meals.  For the weight loss phase of my program my diet is very restrictive with the biggest restrictions being salt and oil.  My mother is one of the healthiest cooks I know and I now eat too restrictive for even her food.  So, I'm preparing at least 5 meals a day to eat.  I try to cook on Sundays for the entire week (I actually am now finishing up the meals that I prepared that I didn't care for too much, which have been left in the freezer and past over for the more yummy meals. I haven't cooked for about three weeks except for some extra protein portions).

This is the basics...no flowery language and funny anecdotes for this entry...this is the nuts and bolts.  But of course, this clearly does not explain WHAT I do every single moment of every day to keep myself on track.  I'm still trying to piece it all together and when I do, you'll be the first to know.

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady I'm so proud of you and I am enjoying reading your blog, very inspiring. I wanted to share with you that I'm in a running club and we run on weekends as a group and during the week with members who may share your same schedule. I would love to invite you out. don't worry about how far or how fast just come out and enjoy the energy and the fitness of it all. in box on FB if your interested. Love you.

    Shani

    ReplyDelete