Saturday, September 11, 2010

I'm Sweating Again

So, I just finished my 3 mile walk with Leslie Sansone who, even though she reminds me of the ladies from Saturday Night Live who would do "Clang, Clang, Clang Goes the Trolley," gets me moving in a very convenient way.  This was my 5th workout this week and after the last two weeks of maybe 2 workouts, I'm extremely pleased that I've been able to push myself to get back with it. 

Exercising has been a tough thing for me this whole journey.  I really struggle with it.  I think the best I've done was when I first got my Wii and started playing tennis.  I was rushing to get folks out of the TV room so I could get my Venus and Serena...well, I guess after tonight I should say get my Kim Clijsters on!  Anyway, I was working out at least 6 times a week and hour a pop.  But the more I got into shape the less of a workout it became and I knew it wasn't providing the cardio that I needed so I started doing different things, none of which motivated me like the tennis.

Well, Leslie is working for me right now.  It's just really nice to be able to go to my room and work out.  I don't have to wait for Bboy to be fully asleep (otherwise he would follow me downstairs and interupt anyway.), I don't have to see if the TV room is occupied, and I don't have to convince myself not to be lazy and go downstairs.  This DVD takes away all excuses.  So, next week I'll start the 4 mile workout. 

I started my week doing Wii Boxing, which is part of the Wii Sports package, and let me tell you I'll get back to that too.  Man, oh man my arms hurt for like two days!  But I was kicking some Wii ASS!

I'm also back to losing again!  So, I'm pretty pleased with how I've refocused this week.  Even tonight as I was doing my workout I was really going to stop at the 2 mile mark but when she announced 2 miles, my legs kept moving!  There have been lots of obvious moments this week when I could have chosen to do something less beneficial to me like get a protein bar instead of my 2 oz. of grilled chicken and plum for snack, do 2 miles or no miles instead of 3, stay at home instead of go and run around with my son at the playground, eat an extra piece of fruit instead of acknowledging that I was probably bored and only had another hour until my next meal.  But I think that for the most part, I made great decisions.

I know that I'm at a place right now where I have to kick it into another gear.  I do not want to let little allowances here and there morph into the bad habits that I have been trying to change for these 6 months.  Hell, what am I saying, I've been trying to make these changes for most of my life and I've worked too, too hard to give up now.  So, I'm putting in the work and I'm sweating again!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. So, good to read that you are finding some success with your trainer. Excellent work! Boxing, huh, that must be fun!

    ReplyDelete