I read a blog tonight that made me sit back and think about just how blessed I've been. JAE wrote about her son, who was born with spina bifida. If you have the time, it's really worth a read. It wasn't as if I read it and thought, "Wow, how lucky am I.." or "There but for the grace..." What I thought was, "how blessed are they."
What I admire most is that their family has had major struggles and yet, they're busy living their lives and not complaining about the hand they were dealt. I appreciate that...I admire that. I think it's a great way to live. Here are my top five blessings:
1. My son is amazing. He's smart, funny, empathetic, confident, determined, strong, and loves me to pieces...to pieces.
2. My family. They always have my back, front and sides. I shudder to think where I would be without each and every one of them.
3. My man. He loves me. He teaches me everyday about love. Sometimes, I feel like I've learned more about myself through his eyes than my own. He's taught me that I'm amazing.
4. I've lost 116.8 pounds. I've always been blessed that my weight has not done more damage to my body. I'm even more blessed that I'm taking control before it does.
5. My mom loaned me the money to get my car fixed.
How are you blessed?