These are my goals from the Hot 100 Challenge and my progress on them.
1. At 50 pounds left to lose, join a real life ZUMBA class.--I met this goal and will take my first class TONIGHT! at 6:30. Since I've met this goal, I'm gonna to make a new goal...just want to think of something realistic.
2. Complete four days of toning per week--I don't think that I will meet this goal while I'm following the scripted plan from Zumba. I'm going to put this one on hold for now. (No change, although I think that I will consider getting a toning DVD to support what I do with ZUMBA...I really want to work on toning. Maybe I'll talk to my doc about this.)
3. Fit into a size 16 pants by the end of the challenge.--This is the second goal that I have met! I am replacing this goal with size 14s by the end of the challenge! I totally think I can do it.
4. Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night.--I'm having the toughest time with this goal, probably because I don't really feel the importance. I know the importance but it's the one thing that I don't feel absolutely convicted about. I need some support on this one. I need folks to hold me accountable.
5. Slow down my eating so that it takes at least 20 minutes.--I do well with this most of the time. I feel that I'm fulfilling the spirit of this goal. I don't meet it all the time but it's definitely met enough to make the difference.
6. Drink 100 oz of water a day--I need to take my own advice with this goal. I blogged about the weekend slide before and I definitely suffer from it with this goal. During the week, I'm drinking 100 oz of water by the time I leave work. I'm probably drinking half of that on Saturday and Sunday. Some of that has to do with being out and about on the weekends and not wanting to have to pee my pants:-) but honestly, mostly it's just not on my radar like it is during the week. I'm definitely gonna work on that. Can't keep putting 5 out of 7 days I met this goal. That's not meeting the goal, right?!?
I'm adding two goals for accountability and reserve the #1 space for something fantastic to be determined later. Here are two more goals:
7. Blog my food journal EVERYDAY, starting (nope not Monday) right NOW!--Can't put this off. I have to fill in my sidebar space everyday! No excuses.
8. No protein bars for a month--Starting last Monday, I made a promise to myself that I would not eat protein bars for a month. I began in my head to make these "except when" statements like "No protein bars, except when I'm going out to eat and want to feel like I'm having dessert...except when I don't have a snack handy...except when...except when" I've decided there will be no except whens. Why? Because those are excuses. Those are just opportunities for me to resort to old behaviors. I am really dedicating myself to a lifestyle change and that means that those behaviors cannot have a home here. In all honesty, I don't need dessert. It's not my right to have it and it won't kill me if I don't. I will not suffer in anguish or lament the fact that I didn't have dessert for the rest of my life. If I'm in a situation where I don't have my snack handy it will be because I did not plan out my day. Could I be in that situation, of course I could, emergencies happen but I'm not going to provide myself with the out.
OK, so that's my HOT 100 UPDATE! How are you other hotties doing? I'll see you soon on your blog!
Overall, I'm doing really great. Gotta work on that sleep thing though.