Thursday, October 14, 2010

It Was The Best of Times, It Was The Worst of Times

So, I blogged all last week about what a great week I was having.  All of the goals that I set for myself, mostly through the Hot 100 Challenge were being met.  I really stepped up with working out, drinking my water, reaching size 16 (kinda), increasing my toning, etc.  I was really excited about what the scale was going to show and even more excited that I would be able to sign up for an actual ZUMBA class by reaching 50 left to lose.

Are we seeing where this is going?  I got on the scale Sunday and hadn't dropped a pound!  Not one pound.  I even waiting to do my official weigh in for Monday and it was only .4 down.  Ahhhhhhh!  Needless to say, I was disappointed and confused about how a great week could end in such a way.  Of course my first thought was those evil, awful, pitiful protein bars.  But I knew that this could not be the problem.  Well, I went through my whole week, mentally, because one of the things that I haven't been doing (and I have to get off my ass and just get it done) has been my food journaling.  I still don't know what happened last week.

Other times when I have not lost or not lost my goal of at least 3 pounds, I've received feedback from others about how hard I was being on myself.  Let me explain something.  I have a goal.  My goal is to lost 175 pounds in a year.  It's ambitious, yes, but I know myself.  I know that I can't focus on the losing forever...let's just call it weight loss ADD.  And now that I set the goal, I feel like reaching the goal is almost as important as losing the weight.  That might sound weird, like I'm not focused on being healthy and developing and maintaining this as a lifestyle.  But, like I said before, I know me.  One of my flaws is follow through.  I start a lot of great things: there's a baby blanket waiting to be crocheted right by my bed, there are a couple of stories waiting to be told by my pen, there is a bathroom and hallway waiting for redecorating and the list goes on.  This will be something that I complete, finally.  Hell, its been on my to do list for like 15-20 years.

OK, so I had a couple of days where I just needed a break from the blogosphere.  I haven't written or read blogs since Sunday I guess.  But I'm back now and I'm doing well this week (again).  And, the scale is moving.

What did I miss while I was gone?

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're back. The scale will move. Food journal is the only thing that has been consistently shown in scientific studies to promote weight loss. All those scientists can't be wrong, can they? Keep up the great work. I love ambition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing Great! It is Possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I understand your feelings about the importance of the goal. Sounds like your doing all the right things, the only thing I know that is different for me is the journaling. I know without it you can easily lose count or mis-estimate. I am trying to add my daily journaling as ingrained habit. I think it will be especially important for maintenance...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know for me my body will hang on to weight sometimes for a week or two and then woosh - a big loss. I have had like -.5 lbs in an awesome week and the BAM! a 6.5 lb loss the next week.

    Just know that you are doing the right stuff and your body will catch up. And oh yeah, can't go wrong with journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't you know? It's a test: What happens when you don't meet your goal? Do you keep going forward, or what?

    Don't worry. I think you'll ace it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not to be personal, but is it your time of the month? Could you be retaining water? I understand your impatience for losing weight slowly-I SO understand. Is it time to get back to basics and change up your workout maybe? Regardless don't be too discouraged-if you know you didn't mess up somewhere, then there is obviously something else going on, and that, too, shall pass.

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys.

    No Polar TOM is not coming, he actually just went.

    I'm gonna get back to the journaling and I'm not going to get too too stressed about one week, especially now since I'm losing again.

    ReplyDelete