Friday, November 12, 2010

Weight Loss Program: Hot 100 Update--#7

These are my goals from the Hot 100 Challenge and my progress on them.

1. Blog at least 3 times a week--I switched this to once a day and did not meet my goal.  I did meet the at least three.  I'm going to leave this at 3x a week because I think it's more realistic.

2. Complete four days of toning per week--I'm am going to table this goal...ok, I was just getting ready to something that is the exact opposite to what I've been preaching lately.  I'm going to do what I can with this.  No excuses right?  I need some support and motivation on keeping this one guys.

3. Fit into a size 14 pants by the end of the challenge.--I'm still moving along with this goal.  I know I will make it.

4. Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night.--Aggghhhh!  But several nights of sleep by 10...EXCEPT...I would wake up in the middle of the night anyway!  This has not changed.  When I go to sleep early, I wake up in the middle of the night.

5. Slow down my eating so that it takes at least 20 minutes.-Still going well.  I've made myself very aware of how quickly I eat and drinking the water with my meals really helps to fill me up and slow me down.

6. Drink 100 oz of water a day--Doing pretty well with this goal. 

7. Blog my food journal EVERYDAY--Getting ready to enter yesterday's meals right now.

8. No protein bars for a month--Was very tempted on this one, even though I'm not even sure if this goal has been accomplished yet.  However, I blogged about how I went into the store the other day to get a protein bar (only food choice for me when I'm on the run) even though I had already eaten my snack.  I looked through the bars until I found one that I thought would support my eating program the most and not be just a substitute candy bar.  It took me about 5 minutes to pick one as I examined all of the nutritional information.  I picked one out and just put it back and left the store.  It was a great moment for me.

I have 39 more pounds to lose to reach my goal.  Not a Hot 100 goal but my actual weight loss goal!  This week has been amazing for me. It's been full of revelations and confirmation, struggle and perseverance.  I know that I will be able to reach my goal and maintain my weight loss.  I'm grateful to Steve for putting forth this challenge and showing me the benefits of deliberately focusing, evaluating and re-evaluating how successful I am with my goals.

OK, so that's my HOT 100 UPDATE! How are you other hotties doing? I'll see you soon on your blog!

6 comments:

  1. Yo go girl! THAT is quite an impressive list of goals!! I used to love carrying around bars with me all the time for a quick fix, too, so congrats on the big step forward. Goals are always so scary until you write them down, then they finally seem like things that can be checked off!

    I don't know if you will like this or not, or if it fits into your eating plan, but what I do now for my quick snack is a trail mix. I mix sunflower seeds with dried cranberries and almonds. I try to buy each of the ingredients in large bags, mix them up in a tuppeware or some sort of container that I can close up, shake up and store in the fridge. Then, before I am going out, I pack a little sandwich baggy of of the mix and throw it in my bag. I find that the nuts and seeds fill me up while the cranberries kind of wake me up with their ZING. (Over the summer I found dried blueberries and used them too - that was fun!).

    Anyway, you've got yourself a new follower here - I can't wait to see how everything al turns out!

    GOOD LUCK!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so awesome. You inspire me daily. Toning will help you get to goal faster and in that smaller size. Don't wait. Start now. No really, right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome! It sure feels good to see success happening! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Hottie!!
    You are doing terrific! I am so happy for you: 39 pounds more. Wow. That is tangible and inspiring fro all of us. I needed this reminder after a long day of work....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like good things happening here. Blogging daily is a positive thing I have found. Keep smiling at each of those 30 remaining pounds as you tone them away.

    ReplyDelete