Friday, April 23, 2010

Round One

Ok. In all honesty I was supposed to start this blog almost six weeks ago. But hey this is "Becoming My Best Self" and clearly there is work to be done. The plan was to start tracking my journey to becoming the person that I want to be and there are several areas that I need to work on--physical health and fitness, motherhood, continuing education and financial stability.

Here's the deal...I'm 35 years old, obese, a single mother that's always broke and I'm looking to do better, looking to be better. This blog is my way of being truly honest with myself and accountable for changing the things in my life that I must to be my best self. I don't need to be skinny or win parenting awards or be a Harvard graduate or a billionaire. I mean that would all be nice and anything is possible (cough, cough) but I'm guessing that at this point those thing aren't my destiny. My best self is healthy, an effective mom to my son, and has achieved the educational and financial status that enables me to accomplish my goals and live comfortably.

So, what's the plan? I'm not entirely sure, I guess that's part of the journey, right? But, I have started down one path already...my physical health and fitness. Nearly six weeks ago I began the Six Week Body Make Over by Michael Thurmond. If you're ever up late at night, you've probably seen the infomercials. Thankfully, my mom did. Well, don't believe the gimmicky infomercial...this product is the real deal. I'll get into the specifics later but let me just say that in almost six weeks I have lost 30 pounds! I've lost more than 29 3/4 inches from my body. I've gone from my exercise being chasing after my son to walking the treadmill for 30-60 minutes 4-5 times a week and toning exercises 2x a week. And I feel great. I feel great about losing the weight but even more I feel great about taking control of my life.

So this is my beginning. I have a long way to go down many different roads but I am determined to become my best self. I hope you'll travel with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment