Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm Starting To Fit In

Guess what I wore to work today?  You give up?  I wore some jeans that I bought in Target the other day, which were next to sizes I don't think I've ever been in...I wasn't in the plus size section.  In all honesty, mine was the last size in that area but hell, I was on the bus with no body parts hanging out the door.  But that's not all.  This morning was a little chilly outside but I don't have a jacket, so I borrowed my mom's.  Ha!  I've never, ever...and I mean not e-v-e-r worn my mother's clothes...other than her socks.  I would jack her for her socks all the time.  So, this jacket is a men's large...a large. 

I'm starting to believe that I'm going to make this happen.  I'm feeling a little like Neo when he was fighting that Agent and Trinity asked what's happening and Morpheus said, "He's starting to believe."  I'm not getting cocky...but I'm in a great place right now.  I feel good.  I feel good as a mom and as a woman.  Don't ask me why, but I'm really into lists right now, so just bear with me.  Here are the top 10 things I feel good about.

1) That my mom will be yelling at me soon to give her back her clothes.
2) That I race my son down the hill and to the car and up the stairs and...wherever.
3) That I'm ready and willing to change my life.
4) That I'm starting to accept the things that I must do to make these changes permanent.
5) That my man is loving and benefiting from my changes--both physical, emotional and psychological.
6) That my parents are so proud of me and pleased for me.
7) That 33 people pushed follow on my blog.
8) That I'm taking control of my life and not sitting on the sidelines anymore.
9) That I may be the same size as my sister when I 'm done and I grew up with her being the skinny one.
10) That I will be around to enjoy all of this!

What things are you feeling good about?  Small or super huge, tell us what has your smiling these days.

4 comments:

  1. Look at the pictures. Very cool. Excellent and number 2 on the list is the best reason of them all !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. feeling good about being able to run - either just for the bus pulling away or for a half marathon. I can run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog with such encouraging words!! They are truly appreciated! :) I've subscribed to you blog, so I look forward to following your progress! best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are having some amazing progress. It's a great feeling when you start to see and feel those changes....the results of your hard work. Keep it up!

    I am here via the Hot 100 Challenge

    ReplyDelete