Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Little Things That Make a Big Difference

I've been thinking about this dare that Allan has lured some of us into.  While I've realized that blogging twice a day is just too much for my life, I'm glad that I accepted the dare.  I think that it achieved it's purpose.  There is a lot to be said to sticking to a commitment, no matter how small.  In fact, it's probably the small ones that make the biggest difference.

I mean, there are lots of little things that I do that enable me to stay on track with my program.  Here are my top five little things that make a big weight loss difference.

1) I moved my exercise stuff into my bed room and took away most of my excuses not to work out.
2) Each night I prepare my breakfast, lunch and snacks for the next day.
3) I blog for a sense of accountability and as a way to process, learn, adjust and grow. It helps make conscious decisions rather than arbitrary choices.
4) I cook every Sunday, divide the food into individual portions and freeze them.
5) I follow an eating schedule, eating every 2-3 hours and do not eat at any other time.  This makes eating conscious and deliberate rather than based on how I feel (bored, anxious, happy, etc.)

Here are the things I NEED TO DO:
1) Drink all of my water.
2) Blog/Log my food and exercise EVERYDAY!
3) Find out if my eating program still works for my body considering the amount of weight I've lost.
4) Increase my toning efforts (Goal from the HOT 100 Challenge)
5) Do more physically active things with my son and whoever else wants to join.

So, what are the little things that you do everyday to make a big weight loss difference and what do you NEED to add?

4 comments:

  1. I need to stop eating so much sugar and bread. I am really struggling with this. I have such a huge addiction to the two that I really have no clue how to even start stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on what you're trying to do and how serious you are. And what the heck were you doing up at 1:47? lol but seriously, know what you want to do, then you can be decide how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, blogging twice a day, way to much. I could not keep it up. BUT, look at what you achieved!! Super fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Michele. Yeah, it's rough but just a few more days. I was feeling kind of like I was fallling off a little, so I needed somethings to super jump my committment and motivation. Missed you. How've you been?

    ReplyDelete