Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Reality TV--Biggest Loser Edition

I'm watching The Biggest Loser.  I've never seen it from the beginning. I watched maybe the last two year but I usually realize it's on (because of the office talk about it) right before the finale.  So, tonight I just happened upon it and I'm just about to write my blog about why the hell they have to be so melodramatic and tell all these sob stories.  But, then this lady tells about how she took her daughter to the emergency room one day because she couldn't see and the doctors said she was dehydrated.  Apparently she had been starving herself because she didn't want to be fat like her mom.

Tears, people!  Boo-hooing!  I know this woman.  Her words speak of my story. I know the pain and guilt of having your weight issues affect your child.   It's one of the reasons that I started this journey.  Hell, it's one of the reasons that I can actually watch the biggest loser now and not have the guilt of inactivity and lack of commitment force me to change the channel. 

OK, I just have to pause for this rant!  What the hell is Jillian doing???  This chick is like having a heart attack or something and Jillian's like "Don't stop...just keep moving!"  Lord.  I don't know, people love her but I'm not that impressed.  Sorry Jillian fans:-(  The heart attack girl is ok for those of you not watching the show.

And now we return to our regularly scheduled programming.

I remember being terrified that my son would run out in the street and I wouldn't be able to stop him.  Or, watching him begin to form his eating habits, which consist of sweets, sweets and more sweets.  Oh, I forgot he also likes sweets!  I know most kids love sweets but my son is obsessed and I carry a certain level of guilt that it's partly because of seeing the foods that I used to eat.  Although, maybe I should rethink accepting this guilt trip because I've been eating healthy and the boy hasn't jumped on board this train!  Maybe in time though.  After all, he's starting to make me cupcakes with vegetables in them, especially for me when he's pretend cooking.  That's something right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment